Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Garden

I am standing in the garden of my childhood. It is so beautiful and peaceful, just like my life at the time. My Omi planted and tended this garden everyday of her life. A mid-afternoon rain shower drenches the garden and giant puddles fill up. I am there standing in my blue bathing suit, and I look up at the gray sky letting the drops fall on my face and in my hair. The air is war, not cold, and I jump around. The water is a few feet deep and is war like a swimming pool. I try to swim but it isn’t deep enough yet, maybe in a few hours. Es regnet, es regnet, es macht die Erde nass, und. . . .“ I can never remember the end to this song. I jump around a few more times and run around. My Omi comes outside and laughs. She takes a photo of me, so I can always stand in the garden of my childhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home